Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just said goodbye to my hubby - he's off to the dark other side of the world

He's actually only on his way to the airport where he'll take a flight to Chicago and is scheduled to fly out of Chicago this evening to a dark foreign country. He & the chairman of the company he works for are flying together to meet with representatives of an extremely wealthy important family to discuss a possible business association. I am not happy about this possible business association, nor am I happy about this trip. It is just not in my comfort zone! However, I am trusting the Lord with the love of my life and trusting in the wisdom that He has given to my hubby. I believe God will bless my hubby with supernatural wisdom and discernment and that hubs will make wise decisions. I also trust God for hubs protection and good health and that He will return my hubby back home to his family safely on time, or even earlier than expected. I'm praying for safety and good health for me here at home as well since it's just going to be me and our 2 puppies for 9 days & 8 nights.

Hubs has been gone this long before and even longer than this trip several times. He was gone 11 days in February of 2008 while crisscrossing Central Europe on a business trip. That was an exciting trip for him and he enjoyed seeing all the beautiful architecture. Hubs also went on 2 very long Boy Scout backpacking trips in the New Mexico mountains with our sons in the 90's. On those trips, they were gone about 2 weeks, of which we had absolutely no communication for 11 days because the cell phones didn't work in remote locations back then. It was exciting for them, but worrisome for me because of the possible weather & wild animal threats. During each of those trips, one son was with their dad and one son was home with me. Having the one son home with me was a good distraction from thinking about the other half of our family hiking through the wilderness.

This time is different because hubs is going to a very foreign area of the world that is glitzy, yet still very backward with completely different views about the world and life and has completely different beliefs. I must concentrate on God and His will and His desires and His plans for my hubby and for our life together. I know the Lord has great and wonderful plans for us! I know He wants to use us for His purposes, so I'm trying to keep my mind on the good things He has in store for us after my hubby returns.

Okay well today - it's very cold and it's only going to get colder for several days, so since I despise cold weather, I will be staying home inside where it's warm and I plan to make the best of these days by getting all the Christmas decorations put away. I know that sounds simple, but we have A LOT of Christmas decorations and each has to be packed carefully before being put away in storage. And then I'll have all the regular decor to put back in the appropriate places. This is a really big job!

So, I'm going to lather up my hands with lotion and have prayer time then tackle all the Christmas decorations.  Stay warm and get your decorations packed away too.

No comments:

Post a Comment