Thursday, September 6, 2007

It was a long week

Whew! Time flies by when there’s much to do and Nona gets sick. Last Friday, my daughter-in-love and I spray painted 2 sets of patio chairs & tables outside in the heat. Then our #2 Godson and his wife from northwest Arkansas came to stay with us for the weekend. We enjoyed having them here – they went to see our oldest son, daughter and granddaughter’s new home that is nearing completion, then they attended a college friend’s wedding in town and joined us at church on Sunday morning before heading off to another north Texas city to see a cousin before heading home. I came down with some sort of sore throat and fever virus that settled down in my chest and caused a rash on both my cheeks. I think the rash may have come from an overdose of vitamin c; it’s finally looking some and I’m feeling better today too. Thank you Lord!
My hubby left Tuesday morning on a 6am flight to Boston, then flew to Toronto on Wednesday morning for a Real Estate Conference. He is due home Friday night after our son & daughter leave on Friday morning for Mexico with friends to celebrate their 2nd wedding anniversaries. We get the honor of keeping our precious granddaughter, “P” on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then her other grandmother will keep her Monday through Wednesday. We’ll be tending to the big dogs for the whole 6 days; usually it’s a pretty easy job, but we’re not letting them outside in the back yard until the new landscaping takes hold so we’ll be walking them both two times a day. Walking two 80+ lbs dogs that are not used to being walked on leashes isn’t as much fun as walking our little 14 pounder, Sydney. Oh, well it’s another Nona & Papa thing that we do because we love serving our family.

I’m keeping “P” today while her mother is getting a manicure & pedicure and running last minute errands getting ready for their Mexico trip. This will be our daughter-in-love’s first time to see the ocean up close (she and our son flew over the Atlantic on the way to Italy for their honeymoon in 2005).

“P” and I may be going to my niece’s Grandparents Day Luncheon tomorrow if she and I are feeling up the hour drive, hour luncheon and hour drive back home. My niece’s three grandparents all have prior commitments, so she invited me because, “You’re a grandmother, Aunt Susan.” Dear Lord, please help us to feel well and be able to attend.

Laundry is calling my name while “P” is taking a nap… Nona duties never cease!

No comments:

Post a Comment