Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday & Today's Mission

Well, it is cold today and it's going to get a whole lot colder tonight, but it's a wonderful Wednesday and I'm going to try my best for today not to be a weepy Wednesday. I need some encouragement from the Lord to keep it all together because my hubby leaves this evening for a long business trip out of the country; to a country that I'm not happy about him going to, but I'm trusting in the Lord's physical, mental and spiritual protection. And secretively wishing that a major snow storm causes the trip to be cancelled... no really, I praying for God's will to be done.

I have an important mission today: Find the hubs original gold wedding band!
He cannot wear the one I gave him for our 25 Anniversary (almost 5 yrs ago) where he is going on a 10 day business trip. The new(er) wedding band has Song of Solomon 6.3 written all the way around the outside of the ring in Hebrew. I can't write, read or type Hebrew, but the in English the scripture reads, "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine." It's a beautiful white gold & yellow gold band. We've talked about him not wearing it on this trip for months now and wearing his original simple gold band instead. I just assumed that hubby knew where his original ring was because he's very organized and remembers everything very well, but I was mistaken. Yesterday, this trip suddenly got moved up a day because he has to fly to Chicago and leave the country from there and Chicago is expecting a big snow storm early Thursday morning, so hubs is flying up to Chicago this evening (Wednesday) instead of Thursday afternoon. This all meant that hubs had to pack last night instead of tonight. I frantically remembered the ring situation late last night after we had gone to bed, so in the dark I asked him if he'd exchanged his rings to which he answered, "No not yet, I'll do that in the morning."  So I replied, "Why don't you take off your ring now, so in the morning you'll notice it missing and you'll be sure to remember to get the old ring."  Hubs said, "Well, I guess that's a good idea, but I haven't slept without my ring on in almost 30 years."  But he did take it off and he placed it on his bedside chest then said, "Uuggg... this feels like I'm missing a finger." That was sad and sweet at the same time. This morning he tried to locate his original ring and was unsuccessful, so he's wearing a nice silver ring that we purchased before our 1st trip to Russia. We minister to orphans and their caretakers in a small village about 5 hours away from Moscow, so we don't wear any flashy expensive jewelry there. Today I'm going to try and find the hubs original ring myself... Will it be in the safe (where he already looked), in one of 2 chest of drawers top drawers (old furniture now in exercise room, or new furniture in our master bedroom), in our closet chest of drawers top drawer, in his velet in the closet, in one of his bathroom vanity drawers, or in one of my 4 jewelry boxes?  That is the question and I will try to find the answer ;=}

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment