Friday, November 2, 2007

Fabulous Friday!!!

It's another beautiful autumn day! P has come over the day while her mother helps her other grandmother pack up and clean out her apartment because she's moving in with R & R and P for a while to save some money for a down payment on a home of her own. This was my son's idea; he's a good, helpful and supportive man. I pray that it will all work out well.

Last night we attended a Real Estate Function that was held at the new House of Blues in downtown Dallas. This annual function has been held at the Gaylord Texan for the last couple of years and has been rather dressy. Last night's attire was Downtown Blues Chic which was everything from dressy jeans and sparkly blouses with jeans jackets to evening dresses with sequins and men's jeans, cowboy boots and dress shirts to suits and everything in between. The function is to honor real estate men and women who are giving back to our community and raises money for community needs. The main entertainment was Aaron Neville and the Neville Brothers. It was fun and really loud! We had a great table... 2nd row, center because the company that my husband works for was a Platinum Sponsor. We had a table of 10 with 6 of young men who work for my husband along with wives of 2 of the men who are married. The other 4 men are still single. They're all such nice young men, well mannered, and well spoken. They were all so respectful towards my husband and me. It was strange being the oldest at the table and my husband being the leader representing the company with some of the younger talented employees. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were always the youngest couple at these sort of functions and sitting with the older, wiser and more experienced mentors of Jim's. Even though it was odd feeling, it showed me a different side of Jim and his career that I hadn't really focused on before... Time has marched on and Jim now the older, wiser and more experienced leader who is mentoring 18 young professionals in the world of commercial real estate. I am very proud of him and so happy to be married to such a wonderful man.

Our hard wood was delivered today so it can become acclimated to our home before it gets installed next week. Now I need to start looking at carpet for the staircase and the upstairs.

We're going to a conference tonight, tomorrow morning and Sunday morning at our church. The conference is entitled, "Gospel & Life Conference" and there'll be 2 guest speakers -- Dr. Mark Bailey, President of Dallas Theology Seminary and Dr. David Allen a Christian physiologist and author from the Bahamas. The theme is "Discipleship ~ Shrinking the Distance Between Me and the One I Follow." We're looking forward to attending.

Well, Miss P is waking up from her nap, so I need to go get her and enjoy some more playtime before her daddy comes to pick her up in about 2 hours.

God is great and greatly to be praised!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susan!

    I stumbled upon your blog - what faithfilled beautiful work! Your blog really reflects a lovely life of faith, blessed by our good God. Bless you as you reflect His goodness in your life and writing.

    Hey, I'm just wondering ...

    I work with ThumbPeople - we 're all about intentionally speaking positive and affirming words to kids and adults that help them to see themselves as the precious miracles God created them to be!

    We do this with kids books and with encouraging music for both kids and adults that speak Gods blessings and promises into their lives.

    Do you ever act as an online affiliate?

    By just placing a fun Thumbuddy button or a touching video link (like the one on our home page) as some of our affiliates have done, you could earn 35% of all sales that originate from your blog site.

    Check us out at: http://www.thumbpeople.com/index.php

    And please let me know if you'd be interested.

    Thanks for your consideration and blessings to you!

    Cathy Kirschner
    cathy@thumbpeople.com
    952-224-2286
    www.ThumbPeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Romania ,
    please read the blog – My heart His words – at archive blog please look at November - Humbled and Convicted-

    , my friend Tammy Nischan wrote them the story and some pictures of some hungryes poors kids , what we try to help them for Christmas .Our LORD will be so proud of us if we will do something! Many kids dont have food ,or Christmas tree becouse theu are so poors ! I fight so much to help this kids but i cant alone ~ if anyoane wants to know much more or wish to help in anyway you can please let me know email me at :

    tibivio72@yahoo.com
    I love you blog,
    sweet blessings and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Violeta

    ReplyDelete