Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

Wow, it's been over 2 years since I last blogged. I was so into it when I was a new Nona then I guess I lost interest because I got too busy with other things. Well, it's a new year, a new decade and time to get things together. Now that I've been married almost 30 years, perhaps I can share some of the lessons that God has taught me... after all, I am married to a 50 year old man now ;=} Yes, my handsome hubby turned 50 years old a week & a half ago and he's even more handsome now than he was 34 & 1/2 years ago when I first fell in love with him. More importantly, he is more of who God wants him to be and it is my honor to be his wife. We had a great time with family and friends on Dec 30 at my hubs Surprise 50th Birthday Party! I call him hubs, hubby, love of my life etc, so my blog won't show up in any business internet searches because my hubby has an important position at a big public company and when it comes to business, he likes to keep our personal life - well personal.

So, what did I learn from the whole Surprise Party thing? As for me, I'm not into keeping much personal - I'm pretty much an open book and putting on 2 surprise parties for the love of my life was fun, exciting and extremely challenging since I'm terrible at keeping secrets... I do not have a poker face! I felt like I was cheating on my man - I've never kept secrets from him so it was churning my insides to be making so many plans without him. Personally, I am glad it's all over... although we did have a great time.

Today is the 1st Monday of 2010. I slept late (got up at 8AM because I'm trying to catch up on sleep lost while planning & organizing the parties) then I spent much time in prayer and writing a Happy 2010 New Year letter to myself and God. It's not really a New Year's Resolution thing, it's a new beginning encouragement and challenge for myself to get all the relationships in my life right this year. I don't really have any problems in my relationships; I just want to get them where they should be - where God wants them to be. First and foremost is my relationship with my Lord & Savior; I desire to grow deeper in love with Him this year than ever before. Next is my relationship with my hubby and our relationship together with our Lord, our prayer relationship together with the Lord and our financial relationship together with the Lord. We've been blessed to have a great understanding and desire to give lavishly towards His Kingdom - we have no problem there. Our need is to actively take better care of the provision that God provides for us; in other words not just coast but to plan better, to be active and proactive for our retirement and be able to still be active in going on mission trips more than just 2 weeks a year. I don't really know what that will look like... several 2 week trips a year or even months at a time or even moving somewhere the Lord leads us to. I do know that when my hubby and I are ministering together we are closer to each other and closer to the Lord than any other time in our 34 & 1/2 years of life together. So, it's our desire to go into ministry together someday when the time is right.

Well, it's after 11AM and at my house Christmas decorations need to be put away. It's a new year, a new decade... what will we do with the time we're given? Seek the Lord in every aspect of my life is how I desire to spend everyday He gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment